Loading...

Surge El Cheko is Putting Las Vegas On The Map



What is your name and what city do you rep?

Surge El Cheko, you can just call me Surge. Reppin $in City Las Vegas Nevada

Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?

I just released my debut album CHEKO TOWERS. A project composed of 5 songs in English and 5 songs in Spanish. We live in a world full of dualities, so that was pretty much the concept behind it. Cheko is a slang term for people who are named Sergio similar to someone being named William but being call Bill. My last name is Torres which in English translates to Towers. You put them together it’s CHEKO TOWERS.

What is unique about you and your music?

I feel like every artist is unique in their own way just by putting yourself out there but if I had to name a unique quality about myself it would be that I speak the truth. There’s honestly in my music and I hit different pockets when I deliver my lyrics.

What shaped your music? 

Being a student of the game has shaped my music. Listening to all the greats, the interviews, the fashion the good bad and the ugly. All for the love of the culture.

When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?

I’ve always had the mindset of a professional but started executing a few years back

What type of music do you listen to?

Music is a universal language so I listen to all genres. 

What inspires you to write music? 

Real life situations also hearing other MC’s talk their shit.

What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about? 

I just love the culture so if I’m not recording I’m constantly figuring out ways to promote,market,collaborate or create.

Happiness to you is… 

being able to make a living off of what I love which is this music 

What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out? 

I would emphasize to learn the business side of the music because know just a little can take u a long way. Also having positive people in your corner that are going to be honest and keep you focused enough n the set if goals at hand.

Tell us about your upcoming projects. 

I have several projects already lined up and finished but I just want to take my time and execute each one properly.

Where do we find you music / music projects?  

Anywhere and everywhere just look my name up Surge El Cheko

Any last words for the readers?

A big shout out to everyone who took the time to read this. Love peace and chicken grease.

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Artist of the Month

ARCHIVEDUP.COM

LAS VEGAS HIPHOP>> Chris Cash

USA BLOG NETWORKS

SUBMISSION PLANS

BUY BLOG CONTACTS

DOWNLOAD MUSIC BUSINESS BOOK

PLACE YOUR LOCAL EVENT HERE FOR FREE!!!

PLACE YOUR LOCAL EVENT HERE FOR FREE!!!

Blog Archive